Medicines have become a part of our life. There are millions of people who take heart medicines day in and day out. Also, there are many types of medicines each suiting different people according to their heart condition. But do they have any idea as to how and what is the right way to take medicines?
There are many effectual medicines for the treatment of heart disease. It can lower the risk of angina, heart attack, heart failure or stroke. Medicines help by managing the symptoms by taking care of high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure and also improve one’s quality of life. Also with proper exercise, swell-fitness, and diet, one can lead a healthy and happy life. There’s more here about the ways to guide you to the perfect life and also the ways to take your medications rightly.
Tips to take Medicines for Heart Disease
- A routine must be developed for taking the heart meditations. One must take exactly the way the doctor has prescribed or directed. Never delay or postpone it for any reason.
- A pillbox marked by the days is very helpful and helps you to follow up on the routine effectively. You can take help from the doctor or the pharmacist.
- Never stop taking medicines no matter what. Unless your doctor does not recommend you to stop, do not stop. Most of the medicines must be taken in the long term to control and maintain the heart conditions. Even if you feel you have improved, do not stop it.
- Some of the heart medicines come with side effects like dizziness or fatigue. If you experience any of the symptoms, then it is advisable to lie down for a few minutes or until you feel better. But if the problem continues for a longer period, then consult your doctor immediately.
- The medication must not be decreased thinking about the costing effect. What is the use of money, when it is not useful to you? To get your health back, take all the prescribed medicines rightly. If costing troubles you, consult with your doctor about the ways to reduce the cost of medications.
- Do not hide anything with your pharmacist and the doctor. Make sure you say all the medications you are taking including the vitamins and herbs. The doctors must have a clear understanding of the patient’s history as some of the medicine may affect in a bad way.
- It is very common and normal to take more than one type of medicine. Trust your doctor and act accordingly. Prepare a list, as it will be helpful for you to remember them.
- Make sure you always stock up your medicines. Do not wait until the last moments.
Few common medicines are mostly used by heart patients. But make sure you consult with your doctor before taking it for yourself.
- Anti-clotting medicines – Aspirin
- Antiplatelet medicines – Prasugrel, Clopidogrel and Ticagrelor
- Anticoagulant medicines – Warfarin, NOAC’s
- Blood pressure medicines – ACE inhibitors, ARB, Beta Blockers
- Cholesterol medicines – Statins
- Anti-anginal Medicines – Nitrates