The best antifungal cream for jock itch, without any doubt, is Lotrimin Solution. Doctors and patients have called the cream the wondrous again and again. You can know More Here about the medication. In this particular write-up, we discuss the types of ringworm infections and their symptoms. Unlike the name suggests the fungal infection has no connection to worms. Ringworm, or as it is also called tinea or dermatophytosis, is an infection that occurs on the skin. It does not go below the upper surface of the skin.
The types of ringworm infection are based on the body part it affects the person. Each is given a different name depending upon the area of affliction.
Some of them have been listed below:
• Tinea capitis: on the scalp
• Tinea barbae: the area where the beard grows
• Tinea manuum: on the palms of one’s hand
• Tinea corporis: trunk and limbs or the entire body
• Tinea pedis: on the soles of the feet, also called athlete’s foot
• Tinea cruris: on the groin, inner thighs, and buttocks, also called jock itch
• Tinea unguium: on the fingernails and toenails, also called onychomycosis
The symptoms of ringworm and stages vary as per the location of the fungal infection. In general, the symptoms will appear in as short as four days to as long as 14 days after the skin has been in touch with the fungi. For most types of ringworm infection, these are the symptoms & stages that happen:
• Red or pink patches appear on the skin first. They may be just spots that are either somewhat raised or completely flat. This is the initial stage, and the sores may be moist at this point.
• These patches slowly become dry and scaly. The skin begins to crack and becomes very itchy.
• Slowly the rash starts to expand in size. This is the next stage. The sore will take a ring-like shape, and this is why the infection is so named. At this point, the centre of the circle may look healthy and free of all rashes. Only the border is red, itchy and raised, though this is not mandatory. In some cases, even the centre is scaly and red.
• Another symptom is the loss of hair. This happens if the affected area has hair follicles like the scalp.
Besides these general indications, some other warning signs are area specific. We have discussed some of them here under:
• Jock itch begins with scaly red spots in the inner thigh area.
• On the scalp, an inflamed spot might occur that becomes bald and then grows in size. It is more common in children than in adults.
• Athlete’s foot starts with itchiness between the toes that slowly swell and become red. It can spread to include the heels and soles of the feet. In cases where the infection is too severe, the skin of the feet may get blistered.
• In onychomycosis, the nails thicken, change colour and turn an abnormal shape.